Deanna Nichols Photos

HOME || ABOUT || EXHIBITIONS || GALLERY || PHOTOBLOG || CONTACT

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Signs of Spring

Nothing says Spring like a kettle of Turkey Vultures! Where I live in Albuquerque this is one of the most reliable signs of Spring. In fact, a large group of about 100 arrived in my neighborhood on the first day of Spring, March 20. March 21 is my birthday, and is sometimes the first day of Spring. I met from friends for a walk in the Bosque in Corrales. Right where we parked there was a large roost of Turkey Vultures in the trees. Some of them stretched their wings to sun. Soon, most of them took to the air, flying in the circling motion called kettling. I thought it was a fantastic start to my Spring birthday.




 

No comments:

 
All images on this site are copyrighted by Deanna Nichols. All rights are reserved.